Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Here is your go-to sugar-free chocolate cupcake recipe! These tender cakes are the perfect, low-calorie little indulgences for your resident chocolate-lovers.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line an 8-cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer, or large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla extract, and buttermilk, and add to the dry ingredients, along with the softened butter.
- Using the stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or an electric hand mixer), beat the ingredients together for one to two minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the eight muffin cups and bake for 10 minutes, then turn the pan and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- The cakes are done when an inserted skewer comes out clean. Place them on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully before frosting.
*Total net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
Makes: 8 cupcakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2/3 cup (100g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (145 g) Sola® sweetener
- ¼ cup (30 g) good-quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 extra-large, free-range egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) buttermilk
- ½ stick (55 g) unsalted butter, softened
- Sola® chocolate buttercream
- Calories (kcal) 363
- Fat (g) 30.26
- Saturated Fat (g) 18.29
- Protein (g) 3.8
- Carbohydrates (g) 51.97
- Dietary Fiber (g) 1.28
- Soluble Fiber (g) 0.03
- Total Sugars (g) 0.59
- Sola® Sweetener (g) 41.87
- *Net carbs (g) 8.78