Coconut, Apricot & Pumpkin Seed Breakfast Granola
Granola makes an excellent low carb breakfast meal for when you’re in a rush or get tired of savory meals like bacon and eggs. This crunchy, nutty granola is great for serving with fresh berries a splash of ice cold unsweetened almond milk or Greek Yoghurt
- Heat oven to 300F/150c
- Cover a baking sheet with a silicone mat or greased parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the nuts in a food processor; chop each type of nut separately in batches, by pressing the pulse button a few times. Your goal is a rough chop, not ground nuts or nut butter, so watch closely!
- Once the nuts are chopped, place them in a large mixing bowl and add all other ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients well, using your hands. Turn the mixture out onto the baking sheet and lightly press into an even layer.
- Bake the granola for 15 minutes, remove it from the oven, stir with a large spoon, and press it back down onto the sheet. Bake another 15-20 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned on the surface.
- At this point stir in the additional ingredients and place back into the oven. Switch off the oven and let the granola cool completely in the pan. It will crisp up as it cools.
- After one hour, once the granola has fully cooled, use your hands to crumble it up into small chunks.
- Store in a sealed container and serve with full-fat Greek yogurt or unsweetened almond milk, and fresh berries
Try making different types of granola by adding assorted flavors and ingredients at step 3.
Chocolate and almond granola
Add 4 tablespoons cocoa powder and ½ cup (50 g) sliced almonds.
Blueberry and almond granola
Add ½ cup (50 g) sliced almonds and 1 teaspoon natural almond extract. After the granola is cooked, add 4 tablespoons freeze-dried blueberries with no added sugar.
Chocolate and raspberry granola
Add 6 tablespoons cocoa powder. After the granola is cooked, add 1 cup (25 g) of freeze-dried raspberries with no added sugar.
Makes: 20 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes (plus 1 hour resting)
- 1 cup (100 g) raw walnuts
- 1 cup (100 g) raw pecans
- 1 cup (80 g) shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup (40 g) golden flaxseed/linseed meal
- 2 ½ cups (240 g) finely ground almond flour
- ½ cup (46 g) coconut flour
- 1 cup (190 g) Sola sweetener
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 stick (113 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
Stir in after baking
- 1 cup (80 g) flaked unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup (80 g) chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup (70 g) roasted pumpkin seeds (½ cup)
Optional Garnish: Greek yoghurt, almond milk, fresh berries
- Calories (kcal) 291.28
- Calories from Fat (kcal) 236.67
- Fat (g) 26.38
- Saturated Fat (g) 9.56
- Protein (g) 7.11
- Carbohydrates (g) 11.08
- Dietary Fiber (g) 5.12
- Total Sugars (g) 3.33
- Sola® Sweetener (g) 9.5
- *Net carbs (g) 5.57